Monday, July 4, 2011

Post 8 (this one is a little longer than the others....)

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Around this time last year I was in VA at Aletheia Springs counseling Intermediate Girls Week, eating watermelon, playing with fire crackers, and singing patriotic hymns. Hopefully the same thing will be able to take place next year.

Have you ever wondered how the desires of your heart are "prioritized" (for lack of a better word)? I also sometimes wonder which desires are good and of God vs. just good. For an example, there are some people who want to travel the world, telling people about the good news of Jesus. And while there is nothing wrong with that desire and is a "godly" desire, God might have other plans and would rather that person just stay put where they are and love on the people that are put in their path.

Here are some of my desires: work with troubled youth, get a MA in counseling, continue being a bridge that brings different cultures together, especially when it comes to the church, get married, adopt children, yearly be of some kind of service to Aletheia Springs, move to Montana in my old age, and travel the world. YET! If you had asked me what my desires were 5 years ago everything would have been nursing related and the only things that would have stayed the same would have been Aletheia Springs, Montana, marriage, and adoption. If you had told me three years ago that I was going to graduate with a B.A. in Organizational Communication (and this doesn't mean I'm organized. Think of it as Business + Communication Arts = the boring side of Communication) I probably would have laughed. And if you would have told me 6 months ago that I was going to be moving to MA and working as a Resident and Program Director, I wouldn't have laughed but at least one of my eyebrows would have been raised.

And for all I know I may not go back to school and get a Master's (and I would honestly be 100% fine with that). And if I do get married, maybe I won't even get married until I'm 40 (granted I personally wouldn't want it to be THAT long but who am I to choose when things take place). I guess the conclusion of it all is that everything that takes place now is preparing you for something in the future. And as one wise person once said, everyday is important and in the Christian life, no day should be taken off. And as I always say, make sure you learn to get along with your enemies on earth because God might surprise you and make them your neighbor in heaven. Wouldn't THAT be funny. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment