Thursday, June 23, 2011

Post 7

Fact 1: Guess what? In exactly seven months and two days my favorite time of year will be here......CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Fact 2: Ladies, if you're looking for a good book to read this summer, check this out (men, you can read it too but it's geared toward women)  http://www.goingbeyond.com/blog/life-interrupted.

Fact 3: FYI, my mom sells something called Shaklee. The organization sells vitamins and enviornmental friendly cleaning products. The cleaning products are really good if you have asthma (like I do) in that the smell isn't choking like bleach or ammonia. Some of the products are a little pricey but you get your money's worth. So check out the website: http://zen.myshaklee.com/us/en/ and if you have questions, let me know!

I'm slowly, but surely getting prepared for the big move. I keep forgetting that I need to buy things like a mop, a broom, cleaning supplies, trash cans, trash bags, and all of those small things that you would think would automatically come with a new dwelling environment.
My last work day at Barnes and Noble is coming up in about a week. I am very thankful for the experience and provision but I must say my heart will always belong to the library. Which! I hear is still suffering from low government funding, so remember to support your local library.

God has been reminding me of how important it is to share my faith with those I run into. So, I've been praying that he would open up doors for me. And he has! I have made two friends via public transportation and have seen one of them twice. One guy works in the same strip mall that I do and the other guy was from Morocco and just seemed really excited to be alive and talk with someone. He didn't speak much English so he didn't know what I meant when I asked him if he believed in God or was of a particular religion. But I was able to give both of the individuals a Gospel of John track/booklet. The guy that I saw twice told me that he was able to read it and the other guy will be "looking" for me in the days to come. I sometimes worry that I won't have answers to questions but in the end, all I can do is speak what I know and how God has changed my life.

That's all for now! Another update will be coming within the next couple of weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment