Thursday, May 26, 2011

Post 4

What is love?


1 Corinthians 13 says the following:
4 Love is patient,- How patient am I with God, others, and myself?
 love is kind.- Am I kind to others, no matter who they are, what their background, what they look like, and how they treat me? Am I only kind to those "deserving" of kindness or am I kind to those who think differently than I do and who treat me like the scum of the earth? And do I define kind under my own terms or the Lords?
 It does not envy,- How often do I become envious of someone who has attained bigger and greater things than I have and not be thankful for that which is right in front of me?
 it does not boast,-Why is it that when I do good I want others to know the good which I have done or all the great things that I have accomplished. Anyone can do good but is the good that is done, done out of a 100% self-less heart?
it is not proud.-Why is it when I see the stranger on the side of the road begging for money that I suddenly become proud that I'm "better" than him, when in fact, I'm not? Or....why do my actions portray that I'm better off than the man or woman working the late night shift as a janitor when in reality, that could be me tomorrow or even later on today.
5 It does not dishonor others,-How many times do I dishonor others with my mouth? From the president of the United States all the way down to the local librarian.
 it is not self-seeking-How often do I look out for my own good and not the good of others, placing me before anyone else? Showing the world that I matter, and you don't.....
 it is not easily angered,-From someone cutting me off while driving to having an individual blame me for something I have not done, I'm guilty
it keeps no record of wrongs.-This is HUGE....Keeps no records of wrongs.
 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.- The truth is what sets us free from bondage
7 It always protects, -ALWAYS
 always trusts, -ALWAYS
 always hopes,- ALWAYS
always perseveres. -ALWAYS
 8 Love


never




 fails.

How's your level of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment