Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Post 2

I'm done with college!!!!!!!!
And I'm SO thrilled! I was very blessed to have a lot of support from family members and friends. Both of my grandma's were there, uncles and aunts were there, my oldest brother was there, Doc and Ms. Judy were there, church friends from IN and MD were there, and my parents were there amongst other individuals I may have not mentioned. There's one thing that I LOVE about college and don't love all in one; so many people from different countries and states all come together at the same institution and they become a family but after a few years they are dispered around the world again. I know people moving to China, out west, getting married and going to grad school. You wonder "how come we all can't just travel around the world together in one giant cluster?" Can you imagine trying to find sister # 587?

So many inspirational things were said at graduation (and the night before) and I wish I could remember them all. The Chaplain from the U.S. Senate was the keynote speaker and one of his main points was to hold on to the hand of God even when you start asking yourself "is it worth it"? Something key that Dr. Brown (the president) mentioned was that we are to never take a day off from being a Christian because we're always being prepared for something in the future and we won't become in the future what we are not becoming today.

All that said, what are my plans?
I don't know. ;) BUT I am excited about summer! I have already has one interview since being home, I have another one tomorrow and received an email warning me of another one to come within the next couple of weeks. Aletheia Springs is this summer, I'll be working at the grand ole' bookstore again, and I'll be in a wedding! And I'm praying that by the end of summer 2011 I'll be on my way to working at a place where I can wake up and be excited about facing the day! So there you have it! If you are interested, I am currently reading a book entitled: Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild by Mary Kassian. Here is a quote that I will leave you with: "When someone has an oppossing viewpoint, look for the truth in it." Until next time folks! Have a delightful evening!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating Julie!!! I am so thrilled for you! Doc gave us an update tonight at prayer meeting! Love ya! And I am so glad you started a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you're going to be around, we should get together some time during the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete